We are expecting a baby girl in early June and I think that nesting has kicked in early! As soon as we learned that she was a girl, I headed to the fabric store. Because my older daughter's room is done up in pinks and greens, I decided to use lilac for this room but wanted a pretty shade that didn't lean toward the drab greys as some lilacs/lavenders do. She will have a small room so I wanted to keep it relatively bright.
I made the twin quilt first and then used scraps from it to make a baby size quilt. The twin quilt was inpired by this one. I didn't actually use the pattern that she referenced but looked at the idea and mapped out my own version on graph paper. They are likely pretty much the same thing.
The baby sized quilt was inspired by this one. These quilts were my first attempts at free motion machine quilting. I am pretty happy with the results and can't wait to try more!