Monday, March 29, 2010
Potholder Pass Round 3
We are wrapping up Potholder Pass Round 2 this week. It's been a lot of fun! Interest is such that I am going to host one more round beginning May 1. Potholders must be mailed by the end of May. You have the month of April to sign up if you would like to join.
The rules will be the same as last time:
1. Potholders should be a minimum of 6", preferably 7-8".
2. Please use insulated batting in the potholder-at least one layer, preferably two.
3. Try to accommodate your recipient's color requests and their taste.
4. Send a set of 2 potholders. They can be identical or coordinating.
I will also add:
5. You must adhere to the deadline for the swap.
6. You must join the Flickr group and respond to group posts, etc. because good communication makes the swap work so much better.
7. Please mind your manners and promptly thank your partner when you receive your potholders.
To join, you must send me an email message with the following information:
Blog Address (not required to join swap)
Flickr Account name (A Flickr account is required for Round 3)
Will you ship internationally? Yes or no.
Do me a favor and include all of this information in one single email so that I can cut and paste it onto my list. Please don't make me hunt you down because it takes too much time!
It will be a secret swap which means that you will not know who is sewing for you. Participants can post mosaics of potholders that they like on Flickr for inspiration but it is not necessary. Sending along extras with your potholders is of course permissable but also not required. This is intended to be a fun for all, stressfree swap!
Grab the button in my sidebar for your blog and join the Flickr group where you will post pictures of the potholders that you create.
Come join the fun!