Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Red and Aqua Houses
I thought long and hard about KTQuilts idea to make my little red and aqua house panel into a bed quilt and repaint one of our rooms aqua but then I decided to take the more sane approach and quilt and bind it and call it a doll quilt.
I added a little three dimensional interest with this quilted door, a take off on Nicolette's idea.
The quilt was made using 4 1/2" squares for the houses. The roofs were made by cutting 5 1/4" squares in half diagonally twice. Then I cut 2 7/8" squares in half once for the sky pieces. The finished quilt measures 20 1/2" x 24 1/2."
The backing is a cheery Michael Miller dot. It's in my shop!