Monday, January 16, 2012
Sneak Peek for Kerry
You might recall that I am working on a swap project to send Kerry. She asked me to make one of my scalloped dresden bags (see tutorial link in sidebar) at about 3/4 size. I tried simply copying the pattern pieces at 66% but the dresden flap ended up much too small. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the dresden has so many seam allowances and therefore, couldn't simply be copied at a smaller percent. I believe it was about 75% that finally worked out correctly. So I started off with a mistake resulting in a cute little mini mini dresden. Since it was personalized with a "K" I decided to applique it onto a little wallet/change purse to coordinate with her bag. I think it is sweet! I'm sending this out tomorrow and when Kerry receives it, I will show the full picture of the wallet along with the bag.