I am happy to support Beam N Read's Holiday Giveaway because it is a little bit different and it will help us all get in the spirit of giving this holiday season. Do you remember when I posted about Beam N Read before? The Beam N Read is a hands free light that you wear around your neck. The neck strap is adjustable so you can position it just right for your needs.
I use mine while I work on hand sewing projects and watch movies with my husband.
Recently, the Beam N Read has been improved. The 6 LED light has a switch that provides a choice of using 6 LEDs for extra bright and wide light or 3 LED for longer battery life. They have changed the orange filter to shift the light from cool daylight-type light to warm incandescent-type light by reducing the amount of blue light. For those who find daylight-type light stressful on the eyes, this will help. The neck strap has also been upgraded to an elastic double-buckle strap for more comfort.
I have one Beam N Read to give away, courtesy of the folks at ASF Lightware Solutions.
Here's the catch. To win, you must tell me who you want to win the Beam 'N Read for--who you would give it to? There is no need to name names, just say "my aunt who..." Do you know someone in an area that frequently loses power? Do you know someone who is a caregiver and could use this light when they are up in the middle of the night? Do you know someone with failing eyesight who could craft or read more easily if she had better, well directed light?
I will pick the most touching entry to win. I will announce the winner on Monday 11/19. I'll go grab my box of tissues now and be prepared to be moved.
Here are the other scheduled giveaways for Beam N Read. As you can see, there are a few others still going on!
- Nov 2 to 9: SewCalGal (Blog) - http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/
- Nov 3 to 17: A Life Full of Laughter (Blog) - http://alifefulloflaughter.com/
- Nov 6 to 13: Stray Stitches (Blog) - http://straystitches1.blogspot.com/
- Nov 7 to 21: Caregiver Partnership (Blog/Store) - http://blog.caregiverpartnership.com/
- Nov 8 to 23: Pacific Rim Quilt Co (Newsletter/Store) - http://prqc.com/
- Nov 11 to 16: Bejeweled Quilts by Barb (Blog) - http://bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com/
- Nov 12 to 16: Cotton and Chocolate (Blog/Store) - http://www.cottonandchocolate.com/
- Nov 12 to 18: I Have A Notion (Blog/Store) - http://ihaveanotion.blogspot.com/
- Nov 12 to 19: During Quiet Time (Blog) - http://duringquiettime.blogspot.com/
- Nov 17 to 24: Quilting Gallery (Blog) - http://quiltinggallery.com/